Lakshmi Daggubati is a famous film producer and furniture designer from India who has done much for the Telugu film business. Lakshmi was born in Hyderabad, India, in 1965 to renowned producer D. Ramanaidu, so cinema was ingrained in her. Now Lakshmi Daggubati age is approx. 58.
Lakshmi was born into a film family, but she made her unique path and personality to become one of Tollywood’s most influential people. She took her famous father’s production company, Suresh Productions, to new heights after he died.
She achieved such success because of her good business sense and artistic knowledge. In addition, her brilliant mind and hands-on way of leading have helped Suresh Productions make some of the biggest hits in Telugu cinema over the last ten years.
Early Life and Background
Lakshmi Daggubati was born to producer D. Ramanaidu and Rajeswari in Hyderabad. With more than 130 films made, her father, Ramanaidu, is credited with founding Telugu cinema.
Lakshmi learned about the art and business of film production from her father as she and her brother Suresh Babu grew up. Ramanaidu’s production company, Suresh Productions, was named after Lakshmi’s brother. It grew into an empire that made hit movies and helped shape the Telugu film business.
Lakshmi finished school in Chennai and then moved back to Hyderabad. She showed a good knowledge of films and business skills even when she was still a young woman. Her father taught her how to run Suresh Productions so she could one day carry on his tradition.
Lakshmi Daggubati’s Husband and Family
With the well-known Telugu star Akkineni Nagarjuna, Lakshmi Daggubati made an alliance marriage in 1984. Their dads, Ramanaidu and Nageswara Rao thought this marriage would strengthen their friendship. In 1986, Lakshmi Daggubati and Nagarjuna had a son Naga Chaitanya, who became an actress. After six years of marriage, she left him in 1990.
- Lakshmi Daggubati found love again with Sharath Vijayaraghavan, a businessman and the Executive Director of Sundaram Motors, following her divorce from Nagarjuna. Sharath, Lakshmi Daggubati’s 2nd husband, was from a wealthy family.
- Their marriage in 1991 was the start of her second innings. After leaving the world of fame with her first husband, Nagarjuna, Lakshmi Daggubati’s second marriage was a fresh start that gave her security and strength. Lakshmi Daggubati kept a low profile in her second marriage and focused on her work and family. Sharath Vijayaraghavan, her husband, was always there for her as she became a top Telugu film producer.
Nagarjuna, Lakshmi Daggubati’s ex-husband, married actress Amala Akkineni in 1992. While Lakshmi Daggubati went with Sharath, Nagarjuna, and Amala got together and became well-known. For the sake of their son Naga Chaitanya, Lakshmi Daggubati keeps friendly with her ex-husband Nagarjuna. After the divorce, she could move forward because of her pride and inner strength.
|Real Name||Lakshmi Daggubati|
|Profession||Interior Designer (Businesswoman)|
|Net worth (As of 2020)||INR 350 Crore.|
|Father||Late D. Ramanaidu (Film Producer)|
|Sister||Amala Akkineni (Actress)|
|Brothers||Venkatesh Daggubati and Daggubati Suresh Babu|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Nagarjuna Akkineni – Actor (1984 – 1990)|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate (Madras University)|
|Birth Place||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
Journey with Suresh Productions
After her father, Ramanaidu, died in 2015, Lakshmi and her brother Suresh Babu took over the family business. She used her brilliant business sense and ability to run a company to make Suresh Productions an even bigger name.
Lakshmi Daggubati proved her worth as a producer by making the two-part Baahubali story, which broke box office records in 2015 and 2017. The Baahubali series, created on a vast scale and with an extensive budget, made over 1,500 crore abroad. The films broke several box office records and were called some of India’s most prominent movie events.
Lakshmi Daggubati paid for and managed different parts of the big projects, such as public relations and marketing. The success of Baahubali proved that she was a strong producer who could run big projects while paying attention to small details.
Suresh Productions has made hits like Rangasthalam, Maharshi, Nannaku Prematho, Srimanthudu, and Bommarillu while Lakshmi was in charge. Lakshmi has helped improve the quality of production and the use of technology in Telugu films. She has good relationships with both producers and techs, as well as with the media and public relations.
Lakshmi has established herself as a top interior designer in Hyderabad beyond films.
- She runs an interior design firm in India that works with well-known clients. Her firm focuses on hand-made, native goods, fusing old-world craftsmanship with new-world ideas. Clients like that Lakshmi is in charge of everything, from design to delivery.
- Lakshmi is also the head of the Ramanaidu Charitable Trust, a charity that her father started.
- Running Vishnu Educational Development and Innovation (VEDIC) on a 50-acre site near Hyderabad, the trust works on education. Schools, junior colleges, and degree colleges are all run by Vedic. Lakshmi is very interested in the program’s design and other school operations.
The trust has also taken on towns to help improve their facilities and health care. Lakshmi is also active with NGOs working to help people with cancer and give women more power. Friends say she is humble, pious, and dedicated to helping others.
Lakshmi Daggubati’s Legacy
Lakshmi Daggubati comes from a famous film family that has helped make Telugu cinema what it is today. Born to film producer D. Ramanaidu, she and her brother Suresh Babu grew up in the film industry. After Ramanaidu’s death, Lakshmi Daggubati helped Suresh Productions with her brother to carry on her father’s work. Rana Daggubati, her nephew, is a well-known Telugu actress who has worked with Suresh Productions on hit films like Baahubali.
Lakshmi was once married to famous actor Akkineni Nagarjuna, with whom she had star Naga Chaitanya. Even though Lakshmi and Nagarjuna are no longer together, the Daggubati and Akkineni families are still close in the Telugu film business. Lakshmi Daggubati has passed on her family’s film tradition while also becoming a strong creative force and trailblazing producer in her own right.